Membership in the CVQG is $25 per calendar year, no matter what month you join. You can print up a membership form here. Go to About >Membership Application and download or print. Mail completed form with checks, payable to C.V. Quilt Guild to: P.O. 2541, Minden, NV 89423. For questions, e-mail us through the contact link at the bottom of each page. We have a variety of activities in which guild members are invited to participate.
- General Guild meetings: Fourth Monday of the month, at the Carson Valley United Methodist Church, 1375 Centerville Lane in Gardnerville. Social hour and check-in begins at 6:30 p.m., meeting starts at 7 p.m. Visitors are welcome ($5 if there's a national speaker; free for members). Our meetings consist of programs, projects, business, show-and-tell, refreshments and just general schmoozing with each other.
- Board meetings: The board meets the first Monday of each month at JC. Penney's meeting room in Carson City, 5:30 p.m.
- Community Quilt Workshop: Meets the 3rd Monday of the month at the Carson Valley United Methodist Church; 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Everyone is welcome to come and sew. Email Barbara Clark for information: jbjc(at)charter.net
- Second Saturday Workshop: This free class is taught by guild members on the second Saturday of most months, details differ each month. We meet at the Carson Valley United Methodist Church. See the Events page for the latest information.
- Tahoe Retreat: One long weekend in October, go sew, sew, sew!
- July Summer Picnic : This is our July general meeting. It is a summer party!
- December Christmas Party: This is our December general meeting, and the date varies. Games, prizes and awards.
- Block of the Month: We make two blocks each month with these patterns – one for ourselves and one for Community Quilts.
- 2020 Quilt Show: This national show takes place every other year during the first weekend in June. Quilts are accepted for judging from all over the United States.
- National Speaker: We usually host two nationally known quilt technique teachers each year, one in the Spring and one in the Fall. Class fees are quite reasonable for guild members, class sizes are small and there is a significant amount of individual interaction with the instructors.
- National Quilting Day: We participate in this event that is held the third Saturday in March each year. We give quilt technique demonstrations and an old fashioned bed turning at the local museum and cultural center.